Monday, December 03, 2007

Diving in Honduras

At breakfast in San Pedro Sula the conversation goes like this

Marilyn- ' ....but we decided last night we wouldn't go, its the rainy season and the place is infested with mosquitoes and sand flies. On top of that its 4 hour bus ride out of our way'
Me- ' I know but I keep thinking we should at least go and see'
Marilyn- ' Of course my darling, anything for you, I know that your heart is set on diving' *

* I have paraphrased this bit

So we spend 8 days on Utilia, one of the Bay Islands.

I take my Open Water and Advanced diving courses. 13 dives altogether including a night dive, 2 wrecks, 2 deep dives and a search and recovery.

tony 112tony 007My instructors


DSCN2868What happens when you crack open an egg 30m down


Marilyn had her hair done

tony 002

My only regret was that I wasnt with the group that spotted and dived with a 14M Whale Shark

No comments: